Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fish Tacos!

I really thought I was going to write this post last night immediately after dinner...so much for that.
Alright, let's get to it. I made fish tacos yesterday and found it to be a simple dish to make.

Ingredients:
  1. 1-2 tbsp of Olive Oil
  2. 1 pkg of fish - I used Mahi-Mahi (only $6.99 at the grocery!)
  3. 2 tbsp taco seasoning
  4. 1/2 cup water
  5. 1/2-1 bell pepper cut in strips (use as much or as little as you like - I used 1/2)
  6. 1 lime
  7. Coleslaw (yes, you can use the pre-packaged kind)
  8. Handful of Shredded Carrots (if you're feeling lucky)
Directions (for cooking on stove top):
  1. Coat pan with olive oil
  2. Put fish in pan and flip every 3 minutes for 10-12 minutes (this time will vary depending on how thawed out the fish is)
  3. Immediately after putting the fish in the pan, add the 2 tbsp of taco seasoning and the 1/2 cup of water
  4. Towards the end of cooking the fish, you'll want to flake apart the fish into smaller pieces
  5. After doing this, add the peppers and carrots and stir
  6. Add lemon juice
  7. Serve with coleslaw as garnish
Okay so maybe the carrots actually provided a little color and crunch too.

Works great with Guac, so how about a quick guac recipe:

-Use 3 avocados, cut open and squeeze out insides (I've explained the technique in a previous post)
-Add some fresh salsa, like the jar you see in the picture above.
-Squirt on some lime juice throughout the bowl, to prevent browning and for flavor.
-Start off with a little salsa and add more as desired for the flavor you want...yes, you have to try it and see how it tastes!

Here's my plate, but I could definitely use some work on my plating abilities.

Look at this thing! You probably want one...and I don't blame you!

Note: Yeah, we used fresh berries as our fruit, which was delicious, but fish tacos would pair better with pineapple...I'll try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment