Monday, May 26, 2014

The First Supper

This was my first adventure into the untraveled frontier known as the kitchen. So bear with me as I explore and tinker with my postings..

About two weeks ago, I prepared part of dinner, but I really just want to talk about one dish in particular. I'm calling it a Shrimp Ceviche, but the name from the website says "Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad".


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped*
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 avocado, cubed (see photo above - chunks are desired)
  • 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine (add less then 1 if you don't want it so spicy)
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion (be prepared to cry - I learned the hard way!)
  • 2 limes, juice of
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • Prep time is dependent on how well you can cut the ingredients up and for a first timer, it took me longer than it probably will for most.

    Directions:

    1. In a small bowl, mix together the red onion, lime juice, olive oil, and pinch of salt and pepper.
    2. Let this mix marinate for at least 5 minutes
    3. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, avocado, tomato, and jalapeno.
    4. Combine all ingredients together, adding cilantro and then gently toss.
    5. Serve with your favorite chip (pretzel chips are one of my go-to's)

    It's a delicious dish, and it's so good, I'm thinking about using it as the filling for fish tacos!


    With time, I'll get more detailed and what not, but for now, this should do the trick.

    Additional info about the recipe can be found by clicking here

    No comments:

    Post a Comment